Mineral Silk is a true powder foundation. Easy to use, with a light, natural coverage that suits those who do not wish to look overly 'made-up' or whom prefer a natural 'no makeup' look. What makes it original is its ease of use. Applied on top of moisturiser or primer such as ZAO's Sublim'Soft or Light Complexion Base, it is non-comodegenic and suitable for all skin types. This matt foundation is applied with a kabuki brush and worked into skin to create a flawless, natural finish. It is talc-free, as are all our powders.
This is a tester for sampling only. Customers are entitled to purchase one sample in each shade only. Repeat and multiple purchases will be refunded.
This product, as with all ZAO products, is free from parabens (synthetic preservatives), using instead micronised silver as an effective and non-toxic preservative. ZAO does not use nanoparticles in their products, with the micronised silver being larger than nanoparticle size, making ZAO products safe and free from toxic preservatives.
Instructions for use: Use moisturiser before applying Mineral Silk. Pour some powder through the sieve into the lid of the bamboo pot. Then apply light pressure while turning the kabuki brush on the powder to fill the bristles. Lightly tap the kabuki to remove excess powder before applying to the face in a circular motion.
ZAO Beauty tip: Just like the compact powders, Mineral Silk also helps set the make-up for a stronger hold. To enhance your complexion, after applying your tone, use a two tones darker Mineral Silk as blush.
- 500 Mineral Foundation Powder is invisible, making your skin look flawless without adding any colour.
- 501 is a yellow-based Mineral Foundation Powder that suits those with fair complexions and neutral or yellow undertones to skin.
- 502 suits those with a fair complexion and cool undertones.
- 503 suits those with a medium complexion and warm undertones.
- 504 suits those with a medium complexion and neutral undertones.
- 505 suits those with darker complexions and a neutral or cool undertone.
- 506 suits those with darker complexions and a warm undertone.
- 507 is part of ZAO's Ethnic Collection for super fair skin, suiting those with a yellow-based undertone.
- 508 is also part of ZAO's Ethnic Collection for super fair skin, suiting those with cool, ivory pink-based undertones.
- 509 suits those with fair skin and a yellow undertone.
- 510 suits those with medium skin with a golden/yellow undertone.
If you suit colours like gold, copper, bronze, orange-reds and earthy tones, then your skin is likely to have peach, yellow or golden undertones and so would suit a warm-toned foundation.
If you suit colours like magenta, silver, grey, blue-red or jewel tones, then your skin is likely to have cool undertones with pink, red or blue undertones and so would suit a cool-toned or neutral foundation.If you prefer to disguise pink tones to your skin, then a neutral-toned foundation would achieve that.
If you look good in any of these colours, then your skin is likely to have neutral/mixed undertones. If unsure, check the veins on your arms, as those with cool-toned complexions have blue or purple veins, whilst those with warm complexions tend to have green veins, and if you cannot decide, then you most likely have neutral undertones.
Certification: Natural and Organic Cosmetic certified by ECOCERT Greenlife according to ECOCERT, with 100% of ingredients natural and minimum 22-32% organic.
Testing on animals: No testing on animals neither on finished products, nor on ingredients
Ingredients from animal origin: None
Indication of skin type: Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin and acne-prone skin
Palm oil free: No (Contains Zinc Stearate)
Net weight: sample size
Ingredients list 500: INCI/CTFA: MICA, ZEA MAYS STARCH (ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH)*, SILICA, PHYLLOSTACHIS BAMBUSOIDES RHIZOME EXTRACT*, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, SQUALANE, BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA STEM POWDER, TOCOPHEROL, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), CI 77820 (SILVER).
* ingredients from Organic Farming.
Ingredients list 501/502/503/504/505/506/507/508/509/510: INCI/CTFA: MICA, ORYZA SATIVA POWDER (ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) POWDER)*, ZEA MAYS STARCH (ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH)*, SILICA, ZINC STEARATE, THEOBROMA CACAO SEED EXTRACT (THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED EXTRACT), TOCOPHEROL, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS SEED OIL (SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL)*, ADANSONIA DIGITATA SEED OIL*, SESAMUM INDICUM SEED EXTRACT (SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL)*, CALCIUM ALUMINIUM BOROSILICATE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), LAUROYL LYSINE, alpha-GLUCAN OLIGOSACCHARIDE, BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA STEM POWDER, CI 77820 (SILVER), CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, THEOBROMA CACAO EXTRACT (THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) EXTRACT). MAY CONTAIN +/- : CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).
* ingredients from Organic Farming.